Do you wish to study in the UK? Good news! We are glad to inform you about The Vaughan Oliver Graphic Design Scholarships application is currently ongoing at the Northumbria University. In this article, We will be discussing about the scholarship, its worth, its eligibility and application process.
The Vaughan Oliver Graphic Design Scholarships is offered for Undergraduate degree. The scholarship is provided by Northumbria University. Northumbria University is a UK public university situated in Newcastle upon Tyne, North East of England. It has remained a university since 1992, but has its roots in the Rutherford College, founded in 1877.
Northumbria University is mainly centered within City Campus situated in Newcastle upon Tyne city center with other campuses established in Coach Lane, London and Amsterdam. It is organized into four faculties Design and Social Sciences, Business and Law, Engineering and Environment and Health and Life Sciences. As at 2019, Northumbria has around 26,450 full-time students and 2,684 academic and research staff
. It had a combined income of £254 million in 2018/19. Northumbria is a member of AACSB, the Association of Commonwealth, Universities UK and the Wallace Group. Northumbria is rated number one among UK universities in the Times Higher Education’s Young Universities Ratings (2020). Northumbria holds the Silver Award in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
Northumbria Students’ Union is an agitation and representative organization. It is a charity presently freed from registration and is headed by five Sabbatical Officers (President and four vice-presidents) and a 19-member Student Council.
The Students’ Union proposes a range of student activities such as NSU/Community, NSU/Media (Which encompasses NSU/TV, NSU/Radio, NSU/Life and NSU/Snaps), NSU/Rag (Raise and Give), NSU/Societies, NSU/Employability, Duke of Edinburgh awards and Fast Friends. It signifies students in academic and non-academic matters through a nationally recognized School Reps and Postgraduate Research Reps Systems.
The university building comprises several venues for students to socialize in a safe environment, chiefly at Habita (formerly Bar One), Domain (formerly The Venue) and Reds.
In 2011, Northumbria Students’ Union established the National Union of Students award for best higher education students union.
In 2016, Northumbria Students’ Union established the National Union of Students award for Student Opportunities and runner up for the Education Award.
In line for to the city of Newcastle’s sister status with Atlanta, Northumbria University runs a yearly student exchange program with Georgia State University, proposing students from both institutions the chance to experience student culture in their respective cities.
Under Vice Chancellor Andrew Wathey, Northumbria University has climbed to 27th place on The Guardian University league tables.
The Times Higher Education World University Rating (2021) places Northumbria University in the 351-400 range.
In the 2014 REF, along with Allied Health Professions, Dentistry, Nursing and Pharmacy, humanities and arts subjects were the best scoring Units of Assessment.
Northumbria is rated number one among UK universities in the Times Higher Education’s Young Universities Ratings (2020).
In September 2007, Northumbria University unbolted its new Newcastle Business School building on the location of the former Warner Brothers cinema as part of a £136m city campus east development. Newcastle Business School is the only university in the UK to hold double AACSB authorization for business and accounting which makes them form part of a choice group of 190 institutions worldwide to hold this. As at 2020, The University also grips authorization for EPAS in 21 different undergraduate programs, more than any other university in the UK.
Newcastle Business School has also industrialized relations with a wide variety of other professional bodies. As a result, the university can offer a wide variety of professional exemptions in its programs such as the Accountancy degree which holds exemptions from many of the top accountancy boards including ICAEW, ACCA, and CIMA.
In 2015, Newcastle Business School was the winner of ‘UK Business School of the Year’ at the Times Higher Education Awards.
Worth of The Vaughan Oliver Graphic Design Scholarships
The Vaughan Oliver Graphic Design Scholarships benefit is £2,500 cash during the first year of their Undergraduate degree only.
Eligibility for The Vaughan Oliver Graphic Design Scholarships
- To be eligible for The Vaughan Oliver Graphic Design Scholarships, Applicants must have permanent residence in the North East of England.
- To be eligible for The Vaughan Oliver Graphic Design Scholarships, The applicants should be a UK/Home applicant.
- To be eligible for The Vaughan Oliver Graphic Design Scholarships, Applicants must have attained at least 144 points (or equivalent) from your best three qualifications, for example, AAA at A Level or DDD at BTEC.
- To be eligible for The Vaughan Oliver Graphic Design Scholarships, Candidates should have a household income of under £40,000.
- To be eligible for The Vaughan Oliver Graphic Design Scholarships, Applicants must meet all individual entry requirements.
- To be eligible for The Vaughan Oliver Graphic Design Scholarships, The student should be a self-funded student.
How to Apply for The Vaughan Oliver Graphic Design Scholarships
- Candidates who are eligible for a Vaughan Oliver Graphic Design Scholarship will be recognized by Northumbria University post-enrolment, there are no separate application form.
- If more than two students are eligible centered on their point score, the successful candidate will be nominated on the strength of their personal statement which will be assessed by the course academic.
- The successful candidates will be notified by the end.
Application Deadline for The Vaughan Oliver Graphic Design Scholarships
The application deadline for this scholarship is June 9, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK Scholarships here