You are interested in furthering an education in UK. We are glad to inform you that St Georges Postgraduate Scholarships is currently ongoing an application. In this article, we will explain more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
St Georges Postgraduate Scholarships offers a number of scholarships for exceptional students wishing to study a postgraduate course at the UK’s specialist health university. This scholarship is dedicated to changing people’s lives in the UK and around the world.
St Georges, University of London is a University based in Tooting in South London and is a basic college of the University of London. The university was established in 1733, and was the second institution in England to provide formal training courses for doctors after the University of Oxford.
The university is associated with the University of London soon after the latter’s establishment in 1836. St Georges University is closely associated to St George’s Hospital and is one of the United Hospitals.
The St Georges University of London campus is based in the Tooting area of south-west London, and is co-located with St George’s Hospital, a 1,300 bed major trauma centre. Teaching facilities at the campus which include clinical skills laboratories and a replica suite allowing students to practice based on real-life situations including surgical and medical emergencies.
The university library houses approximately 42,000 books and subscribes to more than 10,000 journals. Recently, the Rob Lowe Sports Centre based at the St George’s Hospital grounds provided sporting facilities to students and staff which include a sports hall, three squash courts, and weights and fitness rooms.
In addition, the site has recently been decommissioned, with only the sports hall retained. Scholars have used other facilities instead, including the nearby Tooting Leisure Centre.
Worth of St Georges Postgraduate Scholarships
- The St Georges Postgraduate Scholarships covers the tuition fee cost at the Home (UK) rate.
- Applicants who are eligible as international students will be regarded with the view of meeting the cost difference between the Home (UK) and International (EU and Overseas) rates.
- The St Georges Postgraduate Scholarships are paid towards the course fees through an internal transfer within the university.
Eligibility for St Georges Postgraduate Scholarships
- You must have completed an application for the course, either full-time or part-time study to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Each candidate must not already be eligible at Masters level or above PhD to be qualified for St Georges Postgraduate Scholarships.
- You must be self-funding like courses fully funded by the NHS and students receiving employer or sponsor funding are not qualified for the scholarship.
- Each candidate must have or be predicted to obtain at least a 2:1 to be eligible for St Georges Postgraduate Scholarships.
- You must be from a low-income, lower-middle-income or upper-middle income country as defined by the World Bank to be qualified for the scholarship.
- Note that if you are a Home (UK) or International (EU or non-EU) candidate applying for a taught postgraduate program which has a scholarship, you will be automatically considered for the scholarship, providing you apply by the deadline (1 July 2022). It is not necessary to submit an extra application form. However, you may be asked to attend a physical or virtual interview.
- Successful applicants will be those whom the Scholarship Committee consider will make a positive contribution to the academic environment at St Georges University and obtain the highest scores.
How to Apply for St Georges Postgraduate Scholarships
If you are interested in St Georges Postgraduate Scholarships and you are eligible for the scholarship, visit the university’s official website to apply.
Application Deadline for St Georges Postgraduate Scholarships
The application deadline for the scholarship is July 1, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK Scholarships here