Do you want to study in the UK? We have a good news for you. We are here to inform you about Equal Access Scholarships application which is currently ongoing at the University of York. In this article, We will be discussing about the scholarship, its worth, its eligibility and application.
The University of York is a collegiate research university, situated in the city of York, England. Established in 1963, the university has extended to more than thirty departments and centers, covering a wide range of subjects.
Situated to the south-east of the city of York. the university campus is about 500 acres (200 hectares) in size. The original campus, Campus West, includes the York Science Park and the National Science Learning Centre, and its wildlife, campus lakes and greenery are protuberant.
In May 2007 the university was decided permission to build an extension to its main campus, on arable land just east of the nearby village of Heslington. The second campus, Campus East, opened in 2009 and now hosts three colleges and three departments as well as conference spaces, a sports village and a business start-up ‘incubator’. The institution also leases King’s Manor in York city center. The university had a total pay of £367.0 million in 2019/20, of which £67.8 million was from research grants and contracts.
In 1964, work began on the campus facilities in the grounds of Heslington Hall. The marshy land was exhausted, the winding lake which controls the campus was built, and the area was redesigned. The original buildings were designed by architects Sir Andrew Derbyshire and Sir Stirrat Johnson-Marshall, with input also from the Vice-Chancellor Lord James, Professor Patrick Nuttgens and the Registrar John West-Taylor.] The new constructions were assembled using the CLASP system of prefabricated construction, hence York’s inclusion among the so-called plate glass universities. The buildings are linked by numerous covered walkways and bridges. Most of the university’s arts departments occupy grounds in the college buildings, while many of the science departments have their own buildings.
The Times University Guide said of York that “The University is increasingly recognized as a enduring fixture in the top rank of British higher education” and that “No university had a better record for teaching quality” The Sunday Times said, “York is one of Britain’s educational success stories, forging a status to rival Oxford and Cambridge in the space of 40 years. In some regards – teaching, for example, it has a modern track record better than that of Oxford, according to the official valuations of teaching quality.”
In 2014 York was called the eighth best university under 50 years old in the world, and first within the United Kingdom. On 25 November 2010 York was named “University of the Year” at the Times Higher Education Awards, achieving praise from the judges for its “success in combining academic excellence with social inclusion, as well as its record in scientific discovery”.
In the Times Higher Education grades York is listed as 34th for Life Sciences & Biomedicine. The Sunday Times released averages of all its tables over 10 years, Rating York as 6th in the country from 1998 to 2007. In 2000 the Sutton Trust named York as a leading university in the United Kingdom, placing it 6th overall.
Worth of Equal Access Scholarships
- Equal Access Scholarships provides a full fee waiver (you will not need to pay any tuition fees)
- Equal Access Scholarships provides an upkeep award of up to £10,660 to help with living costs
Eligibility for Equal Access Scholarships
- To be eligible for Equal Access Scholarships, you must have a conditional or unconditional offer from the University of York for 2022
- To be eligible for Equal Access Scholarships, you must have applied for asylum before you have applied for a place at university
- To be eligible for Equal Access Scholarships, you must not have access to mainstream funding, e.g. student funding or a local authority grant.
Your present immigration position can be labelled as one of the following:
- Discretionary/limited leave to remain (DLR/ LLR)
- Indefinite leave to remain (ILR)
- Humanitarian Protection (HP) and do not have entree to mainstream funding
- Awaiting a conclusion on application for refugee status
- Leave as an Alone Asylum Seeking Child (UASC leave)
- Declined Asylum Seeker – your application for refugee status has been declined and you have submitted an plea or a fresh claim
- A reliant on or partner of any of the above status sets
How to Apply for Equal Access Scholarships
If Interested and qualified, visit the link below on how to apply for this Scholarships
Application Deadline for Equal Access Scholarships
The application deadline for this scholarship is March 31, 2022
Official Website: Click here and here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK Scholarships here