Do you have interests in furthering your education in the UK? Good news! We are pleased to inform you that Vice Chancellors Scholarship Award application is currently ongoing. We will be discussing about the scholarship, its worth, its eligibility and application process.
The University of Surrey was established on September 9, 1966 with the funding of its Royal Charter, its roots go back to a late 19th-century concern to provide greater access to more and higher education for the poorer residents of London. Since the University is founded in the 1960s, and before that at Battersea College, the community has thrived through strong connections and collaboration with the outside world. And formed close partnerships with other institutions and businesses, attainment across geographic boundaries, and used those relationships to bring potential to life.
The university is a member of the Association of MBAs and is one of four universities in the University Global Partnership Network. It is also part of the SET squared partnership along with the University of Bath, the University of Bristol, the University of Southampton and the University of Exeter. The university’s foremost campus is on Stag Hill, close to the center of Guildford and adjacent to Guildford Cathedral. Surrey Sports Park is located at the nearby Manor Park, the university’s secondary campus. Among British universities, the University of Surrey had the 14th highest average UCAS Tariff for new entrants in 2015.
New applicants entering the university in 2015 had the 14th uppermost UCAS Points in the UK at 438 points (the equal of AAB at A Level and BB at AS Level). Rendering to the 2017 Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide, approximately 8% of Surrey’s undergraduates come from sovereign schools.
For the 2016/17 academic year, the university have a higher proportion of female than male students with a male to female ratio of 45:55 in the population. The undergraduate student body is composed of 73% from the UK, 11% from the EU and 16% from outside of the EU. More students graduate from Surrey with a First Class Honors degree (44.4%) than with a 2:1 degree (40.9%), placing it second amongst normal British universities by the proportion of First Class degrees awarded.
The university has steadily been in the top 60 of the three main ranking compilations of universities in the United Kingdom, placing it 39th in The Times and Sunday Times, 34th in The Good University Guide and the Complete University Guide, and 54th in The Guardian University Guide for 2021. International statuses have seen a steady development for the past five years. Subjects rated in the top 20 include Hospitality & Leisure Management and Petroleum engineering. The university was graded 7th in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018. In 2019, Surrey was graded 161-170th in the QS World Employability Rankings, and 1st in the UK and 12th in the world for research partnerships with employers.
Worth of Vice Chancellors Scholarship Free Award
- Full international tuition fees guaranteed
- Stipends at UKRI rates p.a. (currently at £15,609)
- A Research Training Support Grant of £3,000 to asylum the funded period.
Eligibility for Vice Chancellors Scholarship Free Award
Eligibility will vary depending on the selected PhD program.
All PhD programs are eligible. PhD, MD, PDS and EngD programs are not eligible.
The level of English language required varies between courses. Please visit our postgraduate research course pages for precise requirements.
How to Apply for Vice Chancellors Scholarship Free Award
Please follow the procedure below to help you prepare and submit your application.
· Identify and speak to a prospective supervisor: On the web pages for the academic schools and departments, you will find staff lists which you can use to identify a prospective supervisor. Please contact a potential supervisor to discuss project options before completing the application. If you have difficulty identifying a prospective supervisor, the PGR Director for the relevant department may be able to help you.
· Apply for a position on a postgraduate research course: Once you have conversed your project with a potential supervisor you will need to make an application for a place through the relevant course page. Kindly make sure you specify on your application that you are applying for the Vice Chancellors Scholarship Award 2022.
· Complete the Doctoral College scholarships award application
In addition to applying for a place on a postgraduate research course, you will also need to complete the application form (WORD). This is your application for funding and will be used to select positive candidates for funding. Please also refer to the guidance notes (PDF) which will assist you in filling in the application form.
Once you have completed your form, please submit it to [email protected] by the deadline. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
· What happens next? Following the deadline, your application will be considered by an academic panel. You will be conversant whether you have been successful in securing a scholarship award by Tuesday 1 March 2022. If you are successful, you will be required to start your program in October 2022.
Application Deadline for Vice Chancellors Scholarship Award
The application deadline for this award is January 22, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK Scholarships here