Do you wish to pursue an education in UK? Good news! Overseas Masters and PhD Scholarships is currently ongoing an application at Petroleum Technology Development Fund. In this article, we will explain more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
Petroleum Technology Development Fund Overseas Masters and PhD Scholarships: The Petroleum Technology Development Fund the Federal Government agency with the instruction of developing local human ability and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from eligible applicants for Overseas MSc and PhD Scholarships to institutions under its UK strategic partnership initiative.
Successful applicants will be awarded scholarships to study in UK starting in the 2022/2023 academic session. Petroleum Technology Development Fund was formed with the commitment aimed on development, advancement and execution of petroleum technology and manpower development through research and training of Nigerians as professionals, graduates, technicians and craftsmen in the fields of engineering, geosciences, geology, management, economics and related fields in the petroleum and solid minerals industry in Nigeria or abroad.
The overseas scholarship scheme part of Petroleum Technology Development Fund is an annual program for MSc and PhD studies. The Petroleum Technology Development Fund is aimed at providing Nigerian students with the logical foundation and skill-sets that will help them to participate diligently in Nigeria’s oil and gas industry at the end of their studies abroad.
Worth of Overseas Masters and PhD Scholarships
The Overseas Masters and PhD Scholarships includes the payment of health insurance, provision of flight tickets, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) and the provision of allowances to meet the costs of living expenses and accommodation.
Eligibility for Overseas Masters and PhD Scholarships
- To be qualified for Overseas Masters and PhD Scholarships, you must have a minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in your first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with related industry experience.
- You must be computer literate to be qualified for the scholarship.
- Each candidate should possess 5 O/level credits including English Language.
- You must have a minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in your first degree and a good second-degree certificate.
- All applicant must submit a research proposal of not more than 5 pages related to the oil and gas industry to include: Topic, objective, introduction, methodology and mode of data collection. Note that a sample template of the proposal is available on the Scholarship Management Portal.
- Each candidate must also include their master’s degree project.
- Candidates will be qualified on academic merit as proven by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired, and related publications to be referenced by them.
- You are required to make a case for Overseas Masters and PhD Scholarships by submitting a statement of purpose with maximum of 500 words stating the reason(s) you want to undertake the study, the importance of the proposed study to the oil & gas industry and its expected impact on national development.
How to Apply for Overseas Masters and PhD Scholarships
Applicants are invited to apply through PTDF to certain programs at the partner institutions in any of the countries (full list of sponsored courses is available on our website www.ptdf.gov.ng and scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng). Note that applicants who successfully passed through the first round of screening will be required to submit their transcripts; all candidates are then advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in expectation of such a request.
If you are interested in Overseas Masters and PhD Scholarships and you are eligible for the scholarship, visit the university’s official website to apply.
Application Deadline for Overseas Masters and PhD Scholarships
The application deadline for the scholarship is January 28, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK Scholarships here