Do you want to further an education in UK? We are glad to inform you that First Class Honours Scholarships is currently ongoing application at University of Kent. So in this article, we will explain more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
First Class Honours Scholarships is offered for Master’s degree in the field of LLM. This scholarship is provided by University of Kent. The aim of First Class Honours Scholarships is to support and urge students with exceptional academic advantage and possess an outgoing personality, enrolled to study at the University of Kent.
The University of Kent is a semi-educational public research university situated in Kent, United Kingdom. On 4 January 1965, the university was granted its Royal Charter and the following year, Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent, was formally installed as the first Chancellor.
The university’s main campus is located in the north of Canterbury based within 300 acres (1.2 km2) of park land, housing more than 6,000 students, as well as campuses in Medway and Tonbridge in Kent and European postgraduate centers in Brussels, Athens, Rome and Paris.
The University of Kent is international with students from about 158 different nationalities and 41% of its academic and research staff being from outside the United Kingdom. The university is a member of the Santander Network of European universities urging social and economic development.
The university is a research-led university with 24 schools and 40 specialist research centers spanning the sciences, medical studies, technology, the social sciences, arts and humanities. In the 2014 Research Assessment Exercise, the University of Kent was rated 40th out of 128 participating institutions in a ‘grade point average’ league table in The Times Higher Education Supplement (falling from 31st in 2008), 30th in terms of ‘Research Power’ (rising from 40th in 2008) and 19th in terms of ‘Research Intensity’ (rising from 49th in 2008).
In 2016, the university had a total research income of £17 million. In 2020, The Guardian newspaper rated the University of Kent 65th in the UK, while The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018 placed the university in 25th place, as does The Independent’s Complete University Guide.
QS rated the University of Kent 46th in the UK and 366th in the world, while Times Higher Education rates it 44th in the UK and in the 301-350 group worldwide. In The Sunday Times 10-year (1998–2007) average rating of British universities based on constant league table performance, the university was rated 48th overall in the UK.
In 2015, the university was rated ahead of 10 Russell Group universities according to the ranking of The Complete University Guide. However in research, both The Guardian and The Times newspapers rate the University of Kent 29th, with The Independent ranking the university 28th for its overall research activity in 2014. In 2017, The National Student Survey rated the university joint 20th in the UK, with an overall satisfaction of 90%.
Worth of First Class Honours Scholarships
All successful candidates of First Class Honours Scholarships will receive an award of £4,000.
Eligibility for First Class Honours Scholarships
- To be eligible for First Class Honours Scholarships, you must be of UK nationality.
- The First Class Honours Scholarships is open to all scholars who have achieved a First in an undergraduate degree in any discipline awarded by the University of Kent or in an undergraduate degree in law awarded by Canterbury Christ Church University.
- To be qualified for the scholarship, all the progression criteria and program-specific requirement must be met by the students.
- The successful and eligible applicants will display academic excellence and exceptional research potential.
How to Apply for First Class Honours Scholarships
- To apply for the scholarship, the University will assess qualification for the award after an application for entry to the university has been submitted and a KLS PG Funding application form has been completed and emailed to [email protected].
- Ensure to include the name of the scholarship in the email subject title. Candidates should also note that the university do not respond to emails sent to [email protected] and an automated response will confirm receipt.
If you are interested in First Class Honours Scholarships and you are qualified for the scholarship, visit the university’s official website.
Application Deadline for First Class Honours Scholarships
The application deadline for the scholarship is December 31, 2021
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK Scholarships here