Are you interested in pursuing an education in UK? Good news! Robert Young Scholarships is currently ongoing application at Durham University in United Kingdom. In this article, we will explain more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
Robert Young Scholarships is offered for Bachelor degree and for undergraduate students in the field of Applicable under subjects offered at the university. Durham University is an educational public research university in Durham, North East England, with a second campus in nearby Stockton-on-Tees.
Durham University was established by an Act of Parliament in 1832 and granted a Royal Charter in 1837. It was also one of the first universities to start tuition in England for over 600 years and claims to be the third oldest university in England (which would make it the seventh or eighth oldest in the UK), although this is debated.
As an educational university, Durham University’s main functions are divided between the academic departments of the university and its 17 colleges. Generally, the departments perform research and provide teaching to scholars, while the colleges are responsible for their domestic arrangements and welfare.
Durham University is a member of the Russell Group of British research universities after previously being a member of the 1994 Group. The university is also combined with the regional N8 Research Partnership and international university groups including the Matariki Network of Universities and the Coimbra Group.
The university also owns and manages the Durham World Heritage Site in partnership with Durham Cathedral. Its ownership of the World Heritage Site includes Durham Castle, Palace Green, and the surrounding buildings including the historic Cosin’s Library.
Durham University was Sunday Times University of the Year for 2005, and the Times and Sunday Times Sports University of the Year for 2015, and was also awarded a Queen’s Anniversary Prize in 2018. In 2020, the university Student Volunteering and Outreach was awarded the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service.
Worth of Robert Young Scholarships at Durham University
- Robert Young Scholarships provides partial funding of 10,000 pounds per year which covers payment of tuition fees.
- The scholarship also cover the remaining balance paid towards college accommodation costs if the scholar is living in or directly to the recipient if they are living in private accommodation.
Eligibility for Robert Young Scholarships at Durham University
- To be qualified for Robert Young Scholarships, you must be educated at a state-maintained County Durham school, college or other secondary education provider for two of the most recent four years of your education.
- You must have a household income below 42,875 pounds (17/18 rates) based on an assessment executed by Student Finance England. However, inclination will be given to candidates with a household income below 25,000 pounds.
- To be eligible for Robert Young Scholarships, you must be a resident in County Durham at the point of submitting an academic application through UCAS for a place at the university.
How to Apply for Robert Young Scholarships at Durham University
- To apply for these scholarship, submit an application attaching a personal statement of no more than 4,000 characters describing your financial circumstances, how the Robert Young Scholarships would help you to study at Durham University and why you want to study at Durham University.
- To apply for the scholarship, please provide a copy of your Student Finance England confirmation of funding letter once received to [email protected].
- If you are interested in Robert Young Scholarships and eligible for the scholarship, visit the official website to apply.
Application Deadline for Robert Young Scholarships at Durham University
The application deadline for these scholarship is March 17, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK Scholarships here