Sainsbury Wellcome Center in the United Kingdom is taking applications for the PhD Scholarship in Neuroscience (Experimental Theoretical Systems Neuroscience) for foreign students in 2022.
The Sainsbury Wellcome Centre for Neural Circuits and Behaviour brings together experimental and theoretical neuroscientists in the center of London.
The Program is delivered by SWC faculty together with collaborators at the Gatsby Computational Neuroscience Unit and other allied institutions, all professionals in their respective disciplines. Gatsby and SWC scholars correspond extensively during the Program, establishing the foundations for long-lasting partnerships and friendships.
Their students obtain a detailed introduction to theoretical and systems neuroscience, and also rigorous training in experimental techniques, comprising imaging, molecular, physiology, and behavioural methods in systems neuroscience. You will reside and work in central London, with the highest presence of neuroscience research in the world.
SWC scholars are fully funded and get a yearly stipend of £22,278, and also funds to attend international programs or meetings. They also provide the cost of tuition fees for both home and foreign students.
The SWC PhD is your chance to obtain world-class training as a neuroscientist and start an exciting career in the academic world or industry. Apply to join their pool of brilliant students from all over the globe.
Worth of PhD Scholarship in Neuroscience at SWC
- SWC scholars are fully funded and get a yearly stipend of £22,278,
- In addition to funds to attend international programs or meetings.
- They also provide the cost of tuition fees for both home and foreign students.
Eligibility for PhD Scholarship in Neuroscience at SWC
PhD Scholarship in Neuroscience at SWC is available to applicants with;
- A keen interest in neuroscience,
- In addition to an undergraduate degree in an applicable field (for instamce, Life Sciences, Neuroscience, Medicine, Physics, Psychology, Maths or Computer Science)
- At least upper second-class UK Bachelor’s level or foreign equivalent.
How to Apply for PhD Scholarship in Neuroscience at SWC
To apply for the PhD Program,
- Visit UCL’s applications page,
- choose the Sainsbury Wellcome Centre as the department,
- Select the ‘Apply now’ button beside the program code RRDSWNSYSN19 and the upcoming academic session.
Please fill out the online application form and upload:
- A current CV;
- Transcripts or qualification certificates and, if applicable, GRE scores;
- A 1,000-word essay concentrating on what you see as a crucial, unanswered question in neuroscience.
- Please describe why you have interest in this question, how you would come within reach of its solution, and what effect finding a solution would have for the understanding of the brain.
- Please make sure your given referees are able to offer a reference by the closing date.
- They will make use of the email address given in your application for correspondence so ensure that you will still have access to it at the commencement of the next academic session.
For questions about the SWC PhD Program, the PhD Scholarship in Neuroscience or the application procedure, please get in touch with them at [email protected].
Applications for the September 2022 cohort will be received from Monday 20 September to Monday 15 November. To discover more about the application procedure, please follow the “Applications” link at the top left of the page.
For more information, visit here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK Scholarships here