The University of Weimar in Germany welcomes applications for the DAAD Scholarship for NHRE Masters Programme in 2021.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) awards four to eight scholarship awards to admitted candidates of the Master program NHRE within the program “Postgraduate Programs for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Nations”. The scholarship awards commence only in Winter semester.
Worth of DAAD Scholarship for NHRE Masters Programme
- The scholarship award beneficiary will be awarded a complete waiver of the tuition and participation fee.
- Furthermore, the DAAD will pay the scholarship award beneficiaries a monthly allowance of EUR 850.
- As a rule, the scholarship award also comprises some payments for health, accident, and liability insurance coverage in Germany.
- In addition, the DAAD will typically pay an appropriate travel stipend, unless these expenses are provided by the home nation or by another funding source.
- The DAAD Scholarship for NHRE Masters Programme will also make payment for a study and research stipend. Last but not least, the scholarship award provides a compulsory two-month German program before the commencement of the program.
Eligibility for DAAD Scholarship for NHRE Masters Programme
As a criteria for admission to the program, the following admission criteria have to be satisfied:
All candidates have to hold a
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or a related discipline: The minimum qualification of admission to this program is typically a “Bachelor of Science” degree program in Civil Engineering, or related professional qualification with a final grade of 2.5 (acc. to German system) or better. The Examination Committee have to make sure that the applicant’s prior degree is equal to that of the B.Sc. program in Civil Engineering. If not, the Examination Committee may add extra conditions for admission, which the applicant must fulfil. In such scenarios, applicants are not legally entitled to getting admission to the program.
- English language proficiency: Language adeptness is a crucial factor in academic success. Since English language is the main language of instruction at the Graduate School in Structural Engineering, all candidates looking for admission need to possess an adequate knowledge of written and spoken English as a requirement to admission. Irrespective of nation of origin or of citizenship status, candidates will be expected to provide evidence of proficiency in the English language on the basis of one of the two following forms:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): A minimum score of 85 on the Internet-based TOEFL test. The Bauhaus University Weimar institution code is 8968.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): A minimum total band score of 6.5 with no other constituent score less than 6.0 is needed on the IELTS test.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship for NHRE Masters Programme
If you want to put in for the DAAD Scholarship for NHRE Masters Programme, please apply through Bauhaus-Universität Weimar application website:
- To submit an application for a scholarship award from the DAAD program “Postgraduate Programs for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Nations” you are required to submit in addition to the general application papers, the following credentials.
- A filled out “Application for Research Grants and Study Scholarship Awards”
- Letter of Motivation, comprising details about your anticipations from their master program and the effects on your professional and personal life and also for your nation.
- Letter of Recommendation
- Verification from your present employer of the length of employment
- If you have any other questions concerning the application procedure/status, admissions and registration, please get in touch with Mrs. Theuerkauf at the Student Office.
Please forward your application documents straight to the
Department of Study and Education
c/o Johanna Theuerkauf
Deadline: General Application closing date is, for the Winter semester (starting in October): 15th July.
Visit here for more details and to apply
Not interested in DAAD Scholarship for NHRE Masters Programme? See other scholarships here