Scholarships at University of Saskatchewan acknowledges academic accomplishments and personal achievements, so applicants who apply for a program at the University of Saskatchewan obtain the award or scholarship they are qualified for, on the basis of their academic record.
The University of Saskatchewan is a state-owned research university situated in the heart of Saskatoon, Canada. It is among the best research institutions in Canada and an associate of the U15 group of Canadian research universities.
The university is renowned for its interdisciplinary and concerted methods to address some of the greatest international issues of our times like energy sustainability, food security, communicable disease, and water. Moreover, the university offers a full range of programs at the undergraduate as well as the graduate level.
Eligibility for Scholarships at University of Saskatchewan
- Candidates have to fulfill the minimum admission conditions for the program and scholarship award they applied to.
- Meet the program-specific requirements.
- Meet the language requirement.
- Must be granted admission to an undergraduate program at the university.
You will be given automatic consideration for a Guaranteed Entrance Scholarship award if you are:
- a present high school (secondary) candidate who intends to go to uSask after you graduate, or
- a candidate who has already finished from high school (secondary) but has little or no former post-secondary education (not up to 18 transferable credit units).
Benefits of Scholarships at University of Saskatchewan
– For the guaranteed entrance scholarship award: The scholarship awards are based on the candidate’s admission average:
- If their best average is 95%+: $3,000
- If their best average is 93% to 94.9%: $2,000
- If their best average is 90% to 92.9%: $1,000
- If their best average is 85% to 89.9%: $500
– For Best and Brightest Entrance Scholarship Awards: The scholarships are based on leadership, academics, and involvement in the community and school life.
Five of these scholarship awards, referred to as the Circle of Honour Awards, are designated for local students.
To be given consideration, finish your application for admission by December 1, and complete and submit the online application for Best and Brightest Entrance Scholarship awards in PAWS by December 15.
There are five awards:
- Best and Brightest Entrance Scholarship Awards: $10,000 each year over four years.
- Chancellors’ Scholarship Awards: $7,500 each year over four years.
- U of S Entrance Scholarship Awards: $6,000 each year for four years.
- Edwards Undergraduate Scholarship Awards: $6,000 each year over four years.
- College of Agriculture and Bioresources Renewable Entrance Scholarship Awards: $3,000 each year for four years.
For International student scholarships, there are four awards:
- University of Saskatchewan International Excellence Scholarships: $10,000.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Excellence Scholarships: $20,000.
- Canadian Curriculum Schools Scholarships: $15,000.
- Council of International School Scholarships: $15,000.
How to Apply for Scholarships at University of Saskatchewan
To apply for these Scholarships at University of Saskatchewan, the initial thing to do is to apply for admission by December 1, 2021 and pay the application fee, and ensure that the transcript and the other admission credentials have been uploaded to the admission.
Once that is done, applicants will get an email with a new login ID and a provisional password that they can use to gain access to the web portal PAWS from which they can apply for the scholarship award they want.
The online application requires approximately 30 minutes to finish. You may begin an application, save it, and go back to it any time before submitting it.
You will need to have:
- Your educational history
- For majority of the programs, a minimum, non-refundable $90 CDN application fee is needed to submit your application. Check the program page for specific fee details.
- Additional documents can be uploaded after you apply (see below)
You can apply for the Scholarships at University of Saskatchewan here
For additional details, check the Scholarships at University of Saskatchewan Official Website
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada Scholarships here