HTW Berlin University of Applied Sciences is taking applications for DAAD scholarships for the Master of Arts in International and Development Economics, commencing in 2022.
Over the duration of 18 months, the Master’s degree program in International and Development Economics (MIDE) at HTW Berlin gets students ready for the responsible and demanding work required in the context of development. Scholars gain a detailed working understanding of the economic and political international context in which developing nations are integrated. The intense theoretical and methodological training offered equips MIDE graduates with a comprehensive understanding of the socio-economic techniques and theories required to address crucial problems in developing nations. The broad range of optional programs allows scholars to shape their professional profile based on their preferences.
MIDE graduates are perfectly equipped to work in development corporations or global organisations. Featuring a broad range of programs to choose from, ranging from “Project Planning and Evaluation” to “Agricultural Economics in Less Developed Countries (LDCs)”, MIDE offers students with a comprehensive education. By merging theoretical knowledge with hands-on expertise, graduates are capable of examining the current challenges of development and creating actionable strategies for meeting them.
Worth of DAAD Scholarships
- Living costs (17 months): 750,00 €/month
- Study and research subsidy
- A subsidy for travel costs (incl. insurance for accident & personal obligation) to Germany and back home after the conclusion of the program
- Health insurance
- Preparatory German Language program (February/March).
Eligibility for DAAD Scholarships
Candidates for the DAAD scholarships have to
- come from a developing or freshly industrialised nation
- have 2 or more years of specialized experience since graduation
- should not have graduated more than 6 years ago
- fulfil the MIDE admission criteria.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarships
If you wish to submit application for the DAAD scholarships, please specify this in your MIDE application form. You must also
- fill out the DAAD application form and add it to the MIDE application form
- hand in an Academic Letter of Recommendation from your past university; the letter should have a signature, letterhead, and official stamp and should be of recent date.
- Hand in a recommendation letter from your employer; the letter should have a signature, a letterhead, and an official stamp and should be of recent date.
- Hand in a verification of your professional experience of a minimum of 2 years since graduation with the MIDE application form. This letter from your employer(s) has to come on official letterhead, be dated and signed and also carry a stamp. The letter should contain details on the length of your employment (from … until …, your role and work tasks, possibly your general performance, and confirmation of study leave, if granted).
- Your DAAD Application form, motivation letter, and CV submitted with the MIDE application form has to be hand-signed.
- Hand in a copy of your School Leaving Certificate.
Letters of appointment, payslips, work contracts, etc. are not accepted as evidence of employment.
The application closing date for the following year’s cohort in April is 30 September (August 31 for DAAD scholarship award applications).
Official Scholarship Website
Visit here for more details and to apply
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Germany Scholarships here