Applications are presently being taken for the CSA Group Graduate Research Scholarship award in Standards Development in Canada for the 2021/2022 school session.
The objective of CSA Group’s Standard Development establishment is to improve the lives of Canadians via the improvement of standards in the public and private sectors. Comprehensive research assists the CSA Group better comprehend their changing world so it can continue to adjust and flourish. It, therefore, supports and carries out research in new and
developing areas that have the prospect to impact the world all over.
Unquestionably, the discoveries and recommendations from its research transform into three things:
- It contribute to the development of future standards solutions,
- Offers provisional guidance to industries on the growth and adoption of novel technologies, and
- Assists to prove its on-going devotion to building a safer, better, and more sustainable world.
Based on this, the objective of the CSA Group Graduate Research Scholarship award is to support graduate scholars in the pursuit of research related to standards. For a fact, graduate scholars studying at the Master’s degree level in a publicly financed, licensed Canadian university are qualified to hold the scholarship award. But that’s not everything, the research can be carried out in any field (e.g. social sciences, engineering, health sciences) and has to include standards as a constituent of the research.
However, at this point, it is crucial to note that the topic does not have to be associated to an area where CSA Group prior to now has standards. The research may explore parts of an existing standard or may investigate an area for future standards growth.
Worth of CSA Group Graduate Research Scholarship
It would be of interest you to know that the CSA Group Graduate Research scholarship award is worth
- $10,000 each year and the length of the award is a maximum of two years.
Eligibility for CSA Group Graduate Research Scholarship
So, to be qualified for the CSA Group Graduate Research Scholarship,
Candidates have to be accepted to
- a graduate program for full-time schooling at the Masters level, or have to be presently registered in a Master’s program at a state-funded, licensed Canadian university;
- or enlisted in a Master’s program to obtain the award.
Note that eligibility is restricted to enlistment at state-funded, licensed Canadian universities.
Applications for the CSA Group Graduate Research scholarship award will be assessed by a committee of about five to six CSA Group staff personnel. They will be assessed based on three selection conditions:
Academic Excellence (40%)
Pointers of academic excellence are on the basis of the candidate’s present level of study and include:
- Academic record
- Type of program and courses pursued
- Consideration of breaks in the study (e.g. illness, maternity leave, etc.)
Quality of the Research Proposal (50%)
As expected, this is determined on the basis of the clarity, potential influence and scientific significance of the planned research question and methodology. The quality pointers include:
- Importance and feasibility of planned research
- Potential influence of research on standards
- Quality of the written proposal
Applicant Characteristics and Related Experience (10%)
In a similar manner, relevant experience is determined on the basis of the level and quality of participation in work, academic and extracurricular undertakings.
- It also involves participation in activities that display leadership and contribution to one’s community.
- Also, display of volunteerism/community outreach and participation in academic life is crucial.
- Also a display of project management and organizational aptitudes.
How to Apply for CSA Group Graduate Research Scholarship
In respect of this application, candidates are required to submit the following to [email protected] by the closing date:
- Application Form
- Letter of support from a supervisor
- Referee Forms from two referees, submitted directly by the referees to [email protected] by the stipulated closing date.
Applications are due March 31.
Visit here for more information and to apply
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here